Would you like to join a mission to drag the legal industry into the 21st-century? If you’ve found yourself asking why lawyers spend so many hours on tedious, time-consuming tasks which could be tackled so much more efficiently, we want to hear from you.
Here at TLB, we focus on optimising in-house legal functions by streamlining their processes and relieving their burden of negotiating commercial contracts. Our services include outsourced contract review, playbooks, legal design (re-designing template contracts to make them more user-friendly and in plain English) and legal optimisation consultancy. We are looking for a dedicated, hard-working lawyer with significant commercial contracts experience to join us on our mission.
What you’ll be doing
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting a variety of commercial contracts, including MSAs, NDAs and DPAs
- Delivering legal design, playbooks and legal optimisation projects
- Supervising and mentoring a team of trainees and paralegals
- Getting stuck into other areas of the business where you can – including our ground-breaking oneNDA project
What we’re looking for
- At least 2 years’ PQE (or foreign qualified equivalent) lawyer, with at least 1 year experience in reviewing/negotiating in-house commercial contracts
- Ability to work autonomously and supervise more junior team members
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and experience in managing competing demands
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit – we want someone with enthusiasm, empathy, and a great sense of humour
- Data protection experience and good understanding of GDPR, DPA 2018, Schrems II desirable (but not essential)
- Right to work in the UK
- 25 days’ holiday (plus extra 1 birthday day off + 1 wellbeing day off)
- £50 per month to spend on Pret subscription, Audible subscription, gym membership or much-needed massage
- Sociable co-working offices in Bermondsey / London Bridge
- Regular team socials
- Employee pension
If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch!