We’re looking for an exceptional Data Protection Lawyer to join our team and provide commercial contract and data protection support to our clients.
- Acting as outsourced DPO for our clients
- Review, negotiate and draft data protection agreements as well as commercial agreements / terms that are impacted (e.g. liability, indemnity etc.)
- Advising on and responding to questions on the GDPR, the DPA 2018 and PECR
- Assisting in the delivery of end-to-end GDPR compliance projects
- Reviewing, amending and drafting company policies for compliance with data protection legislation
- Preparing records of processing, LIAs, PIAs and DPIAs
- Project management experience would be great but not essential
- 4+ PQE lawyer with at least 2 years working experience in the UK (UK or non-UK qualified)
- Right to work in the UK
- Preferably both private practice in-house experience, preferably in a start-up, fintech, tech, or e-commerce in-house environment
- Significant data protection experience and understanding of the GDPR, DPA 2018, Schrems II impact and international data protection legislation
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with a proven ability to juggle and prioritise a large number of competing matters
- Most importantly, you’ll be a self-starter with bags of enthusiasm, an empathetic, human attitude and a great sense of humour!
- Unlimited holiday
- Lovely offices in Bermondsey / London Bridge
- Regular socials
- Employee pension
- Pupternity leave (if you get a puppy)
How to apply
If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you! Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short paragraph on where you see the future of law and we’ll be in touch.